I'm testing a theory that Victor Fleming's masterpiece "The Wizard of Oz" is so woven into popular culture that someone or something makes reference to it at least once every day. It comes up in conversations, songs, TV shows, ads, other films, colloquial saying, etc. For one year I'll be updating this blog each time Oz comes up. Check back daily to see if the theory holds water, or melts in it. (And try it yourself. You'll start to notice Oz everywhere, I promise.)

Thursday, March 13, 2008

a prediction

Okay. So 2008 started off with a tornado-like whirlwind of Oz references. I really thought they were just gonna keep coming and coming. I thought by March I'd have taken this blog public, have a team of writers working around the clock to update it while I relaxed on a beach in the Cayman Islands.

Alas, the Oz references have recoiled like a frightened turtle. My Board of Trustee now tell me they don't see an IPO on the horizon.

But something is in the air. Maybe it's spring (on the heels of a downright miserable Chicago winter). Maybe it's just life in general. But I feel a change coming. I feel like the sky is going to open up and a deluge of Oz references will come crashing down.

I feel it. So let's see what happens.

No comments: