I'm testing a theory that Victor Fleming's masterpiece "The Wizard of Oz" is so woven into popular culture that someone or something makes reference to it at least once every day. It comes up in conversations, songs, TV shows, ads, other films, colloquial saying, etc. For one year I'll be updating this blog each time Oz comes up. Check back daily to see if the theory holds water, or melts in it. (And try it yourself. You'll start to notice Oz everywhere, I promise.)

Thursday, July 24, 2008

awesome Oz reference from a fellow blogger

Jay Amabile of "The Sexy Armpit" has an awesome post about a random Wizard of Oz reference. Watch this video:



Then go read HERE to read the entry. I love coincidences like that. Great stuff, Jay.

I have one more reference to add from the 24-hour Oz reference marathon, but it's going to take a little more time to add than I have right now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks so much for that! Your blog definitely proves there's Oz references every minute of the day no matter how grand or miniscule!