I'm testing a theory that Victor Fleming's masterpiece "The Wizard of Oz" is so woven into popular culture that someone or something makes reference to it at least once every day. It comes up in conversations, songs, TV shows, ads, other films, colloquial saying, etc. For one year I'll be updating this blog each time Oz comes up. Check back daily to see if the theory holds water, or melts in it. (And try it yourself. You'll start to notice Oz everywhere, I promise.)

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Judd Apatow needs to chill

Apatow is just putting out too many movies. The first few were funny, but they are becoming formulaic and repetitive, with fewer and fewer truly funny moments. I just watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. It was ok at best. At least it had an Oz reference. In a song about fighting for midget rights, Dewey sings:

I'm banging your drum,
your big day will come
When they remake
The Wizard of Oz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

¡This blog is very cool! I love OZ universe. I'm spanish (Madrid) and i'd like that you meet my page monographic about Oz. It's calls

OZMANÍA - No place like Oz



Sorry for my terrible english

G-OZ- Bye

who cares said...

Thanks! Your site looks great. I wish I could understand it, but my Spanish es muy mal. I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment. Peace.